Sunday, August 16, 2009

Summer Fun....July 2009

Our July in pictures:

Swim lessons started back in full swing. Can you tell Grant LOVES going swimming now?


Jumping off the diving board:

We spent July 4th with Brad's parents and some of their close friends. I made cookies for the kids to decorate. When they were done you could barely see the white icing!


After dinner we went to the Dallas Athletic Club to watch fireworks. We have never been so close! Grant and Barron loved hanging out while we waited.



We went to a bunch of birthday parties in July. Here is Grant enjoying the cake at Kole's party! (Or maybe it enjoyed him?)



Grant loves to paint. Here he is painting a boat. Notice the concentration!



We also went swimming with friends at their community pool. After each swim Grant and Garrett would share snacks. What some handsome boys we have!!



Grant continued his swim lessons all July. Before I knew it he could jump off the diving board and swim to the side all by himself!! He even did some racing across the pool. I am so proud of my little man!!



Another highlight to our Summer is getting together with great friends for playdates. Two of Grant's best friends are Karis and Emmy...his "girls". He takes care of them like a big brother!!


Grant shows Karis how to use the computer. :-)


Brad and I decided to take Grant to a Hibachi grill for the first time. He LOVED it so much he even tried shrimp and fried rice for the first time!! Look at the face he made when the grill was set on fire!


Trying out the chop sticks!

Grant had so much fun at Tad's birthday party. Here he is playing catch and obviously very proud of the fact he caught the ball!!



This Summer we enrolled Grant into Spanish School House. He is naturally curious about the language so we thought he would love going. Here he is on the first day. He had the, "I am not sure about this" look, but really enjoyed the classes!



We also went to the movies this Summer. Here is at the Studio Movie Grill watching Ice Age for the 2nd time!!



One Friday Brad took off work early and we all went to the Rec center to swim. Grant loved that he could swim with his Daddy. He even told me I did not need to get in the water!! I guess it is because his Daddy will toss him in the air!



He loves hanging out in the kiddie area.



And riding the slides.


Grant also enjoyed helping my Dad fix the crib in Sarah's room.


We had a great July. I wish I taken more pictures, but sometimes my camera gets finicky!

No comments: